Friday, November 14, 2008

Five Things

Five things for which I am grateful today:

1. When I feel I have treated someone unfairly, I can apologize to them. I felt I was a bit hard on a couple of my students yesterday, so I apologized. They graciously accepted.

2. A few days of respite from the creeping cold weather. I have been up here for a few years now, and the ridiculously harsh winter is just part of the deal, but this year I am struggling more than usual with acceptance. Today is mild, so I can catch my breath.

3. The dog fetches (most of the time). This makes it much easier to get him exercised to the point where he settles down. He is still just a puppy.

4. My job. Like all jobs, it has its annoyances, but I am so fortunate to have steady, agreeable work with people who appreciate me. It's huge. And it's the reason why I put up with the winter.

5. Cake. Had some yesterday. Twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home