Sunday, January 11, 2009

Facebook

This week I joined Facebook. It's different than I expected, but at the same time kind of predictable. This is not to say it isn't fun. I am a bit surprised that there as many old folks like me on there as there are. I have already added several of my real life friends as Facebook friends and shared messages with them, and that is pretty enjoyable.

It is a very speedy process to gain new friends in Facebook! Would that it were so easy in real life. Most of the new friends are really acquaintances and will stay that way, but it is fun to look at the pictures other folks have posted, and to have a place to share my own pictures. The younger folks seem more able to use it as a tool to keep up with what they are all doing, and I think that's pretty neat.

One thing I have learned is this: generally, if you have drifted away from someone over time, there is probably a reason. I looked up a long-lost person with whom I used to be very close, and from perusing the Facebook page, I have a feeling that if we met now we wouldn't hit it off at all. It seems to be a sad fact of life that most friendships are somewhat situational. This may be even more true of friendships formed early, when folks aren't quite sure who they are. Thank goodness the old and new generally overlap, and that I have managed to keep at least a few good ones over time.

In other news, I made brownies from a box and they are very good. I like to bake from scratch, but I have no problem at all with mixes. It's all fun, and no harm is done.




I also managed to get a picture of all three pets at once!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home